Monday, October 06, 2008

mystery...

Apparently, I am a mystery. Or rather my body is. Saturday afternoon I started having pain in my side, just below where they did the biopsy. I suffered through, took some percogesic and went to bed. I tossed and turned all night as I could not get comfortable. Sunday morning when I finally got up, I went to the Urgent Care. I hate going to those places but was in immense pain and couldn't stand it. After 3 hours there, I was sent to the hospital for an ultrasound.

The urgent care doc's opinion was gall bladder. But because of the recent biopsy they needed to make sure that it wasn't the biopsy site bleeding out. After the ultrasound, i had to hang around in the radiology waiting room for the results. Turns out everything looked good and normal, including my gall bladder. So the doc says for me to take ibuprofen, rest and if it gets worse during the night to go to the emergency room (fat chance) or come in to the office in the morning if it is worse.

Well, that's a big huge frickin help. Here is the problem: it feels like I'm being stabbed when i breathe in anyway other than short shallow breaths. If I yawn, sneeze, cough, burp, or just try to take a regular breathe, it really hurts. No matter which way I lie down, it hurts, some worse than others, but still intense pain. I'm currently at work, as I feel there is nothing to be gained by going back to the doctor.

The doctor seemed quite puzzled yesterday afternoon when I talked to him. This isn't the first time my "phantom" pains have puzzled someone. I guess my body enjoys being mysterious. I just wish it didn't have to include pain. :-(

Blessings,
~*~

No comments: