Monday, August 04, 2008

Change

Change is the one thing that is a constant in life. Everything, everywhere changes. Sometimes change is not what we want to have happen to us. At other times, we want change to happen in our life. Then there is the change that we don’t want to happen, but know that it is for our greater good.

Early in my life, I realized that I knew what I wanted my life to be and I have spent my whole life fighting the changes that would keep me from what I wanted. I have ignored, avoided and run from change. Yet, it was always there, hiding in the shadows and waiting to pounce. Well, change has caught me at last. The last argument I had with my neighbor, this past week, has pushed me over the edge. It has made me accept that I have to change my lifestyle and accept my limitations. I have to let go of old dreams and ideas and open myself up for new ones.

With that in mind, I am putting my house up for sale. Instead of the big house in the country with lots of land that I have always dreamed for and wanted, I’ve decided to purchase a townhouse. I have several requirements that I need in order to feel that I’ll be happy there. One of the requirements is that it has a nice patio area, preferably fenced, with some space for planting flowers, etc. I’ve already started viewing places. One of the places we looked at this weekend was perfect. Plenty of room, lots of light, a nice big kitchen with a breakfast nook, dining room, and the patio area is perfect. It is already fenced, and has lots of space for plantings. There is enough room that I can have a guest room, a sitting room for my grandmother’s furniture and a studio. It is a little pricier than I’d like but it is within my limits.

Part of me is very sad to give up my little cottage and the yard that comes with it. But I have come to understand my physical limitations are just not going to let me enjoy and take care of the yard as I would like. Not being able to be out there working in it and making it what I want, adds to my depression. I tell myself, that without all the stress of the yard, the mean neighbor, I’ll be able to spend more time working on my crafts and other things. I have several other townhomes to look at that I hope will be nice. I’m ready to move and start over. I am ready to accept and embrace this change in my life. I hope that I can make the best of it.

Blessings,

~*~

2 comments:

Hecate RavenMoon said...

Great article. So very true and enlightening.

Thank you for sharing this.

Blessed be.

Ohjeeze said...

Wise move, and beautifully stated. You may be happier in a town home anyway. With the house market the way it is, maybe you can get them to drop the price.