Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tomorrow is not promised...

... so enjoy every moment of today.

Yesterday, I found out that the significant other of an acquaintance of mine, one of the girls I made the NOLA trip with, was killed on Tuesday. She was crossing an intersection after work and was struck by a bus. She died several hours later at the age of 33. It is so very sad.

The other girl that made the trip with us called me yesterday to tell me the news. She is just as sad and worried as I am about our friend. I don't know how to help her, I haven't spoken to or seen her in over a year, but my heart is still hurting for her and how she must be feeling.

Tonight I will light a candle and say a prayer, for the spirit of the one who passed and the ones that are left to carry on.

Take a moment today to let the ones you love, know how you feel. Give them a hug, send an email with a smiley or just call and say Hi. We all need to know we are loved today, because tomorrow we may not be able to hear or say it.

I love you.

Blessings,
~*~

2 comments:

Louise *Star Dust* said...

So sorry for your loss.

Ohjeeze said...

How tragic, my sympathies