Wednesday, May 09, 2007

New Orleans

Ever since I was a little girl, I have wanted to go to New Orleans. I have wanted to see the swamps in Louisiana, I have wanted to walk through the garden district. As I have gotten older I've added a few things to my list for New Orleans. I want see where Anne Rice lived, I want to visit a real hoodoo shop and see Marie Laveau's grave.

Well, in 10 days, I'll be on my way to do all those things, and a whole lot more. :-)

I've been invited on a trip to New Orleans. We will leave on Saturday, the 19th, and return on the 23rd (which happens to be my birthday). Not only do I get to do all the things listed above, I also get to meet attend a serious vodou ceremony. I am so excited. My friends and I are planning to take lots of pictures and I hope to have some good ones to post later.

I've been giving the vodou thing a lot of thought. I truly enjoy the ceremony and learning about the religion and I think I will continue to be a "believer", but in my heart... I'm a witch. I always have been and always will be. When talking to our Manbo, a friend and I asked if it is possible to be both, vodou and witch, and she laughed and said, sure... you're a vodou witch!

I'm not sure just how much I'm allowed to talk about in regards to the vodou and the things that happen. I don't want to say more than I'm supposed to, so I'll stop now.

Anyway, just wanted to give a little update on what is going on with me. I appreciate all the support from you guys about Jade. It has been very strange not having her around and now a strange black cat has shown up outside my house twice in the last few days. Jade used to lay in the windows, she would switch her window throughout the day, almost like she was guarding the house. Now this other cat has shown up. It won't come near me and I've only seen it at night (I say it because I don't know if it is a male or female) so the situation is a little weird.

On Saturday morning, my father had a cyst removed from his spinal column. I spent the entire day at the hospital with my stepmother. She was very worried, but he came through fine.

So, anyway, this is what I've been up to... planning a trip and helping my dad and dealing with the loss of Jade. I've also been working in my yard a little. Tomorrow I get my vegetable plants and get them in the ground.

Blessings,
~*~

No comments: