Wednesday, May 02, 2007

She's gone...

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been so busy and also trying to care for my cat, Jade. Over the past few days she became increasingly worse and this morning I had to take her to the vet and have her put to sleep. She was in a lot of pain and was unable to eat and had trouble breathing. The sneezing blood had increased and it was just time to let her go.

I have not handled this well at all. I never thought she would be the first of my brood to leave me. Jade was my witch cat, my familiar. She left this earth one day after Beltane, on the day of the Full Moon, the Witches' Moon.

Her ashes will be returned to me either Friday or Monday. I am planning to put her ashes, along with a picture of her, on my ancestors altar.


You can see in this photo, taken this morning, that she doesn't look well. She seemed to be in so much pain. The doctor was very sweet and very caring and they let me be with her as she passed. I was the last thing she saw. She went very peacefully, as I loved on her.

Well, I think that is all I can say right now. I'll try to get back to regular posting soon.

Blessings,
~*~

5 comments:

Draven said...

I'm sorry for your loss, it's never easy especially when they are sick, i went through this a few years back with one of my kitties, your in my thoughts.... HUGS

Patricia said...

All I can really say is I'm sorry and I understand how bad this feels. I lost my Spyder Boo (also a black cat, and very intuitive and connected to me) suddenly while he stayed the night at the vet's for treatment of an infection. He was only two and I wept after reading your post, though it's been four years now. I hope you can take comfort in the fact you were with her when she passed. I love the idea of having her with you on the ancester altar too. Take care of yourself Laura!

Ohjeeze said...

I'm truly sorry to hear you news. there are pets and there are pets I have kept the ashes of a dog I was very bonded with. She sits(or her ashes do) on my book case and watches tv with me.

Iowa Gardening Woman said...

I am so sorry for your loss, they do leave paw prints on our hearts and take a piece of our heart with them when they leave!

Laura Fonseca said...

O Deus de todas as coisas vivas tomarĂ¡ conta dela.I have also a female cat and understand how you feel.Love from Portugal