Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I did it!

Despite a raging migraine that started right before I left work yesterday and grew to unbelievable proportions (I could barely hold open my right eye it hurt so much! and still does!), I have completed my homework. This morning when I got to work, I printed out all my written documentation to go with it. Now I just have to get them boxed up and shipped out. I am very excited about this.

I began this class in February of 2006. It took me over a year to finish reading the course materials and then the longest time to even begin working on the homework. At one point, I really thought that I would stop doing the course and just give up. Hoodoo has a lot of what I consider catholic overtones, lots of saints and bible verses used. This has been a sticking point for me as I'm not very fond of Christianity.

I decided to stick this out and to do what I do with all religions. I take from it what makes sense or works for me and leave the rest behind. I guess you could say I'm a very eclectic witch. :-)

So, now that I'm done and hopefully will pass and get my nifty certificate, I'll be able to incorporate what I've learned into my vast melange of my practice.

If I pass...I'll also be able to say that I'm a certified root worker or conjure. :-)

Blessings,
~*~

3 comments:

Sara said...

Keeping you in my thoughts that you do well and pass...I think it would be wonderful to say that your are a certified root worker!

There are so many wonderful things to learn about...it is wonderful to see someone who wants to gain more knowledge!

Patricia said...

Congrats to you!!! You should be very proud of yourself!

Dracenea said...

Good for you! I get migraines too and know how hard it can be to work through them but you did it!