As promised, here are a few knitting progress photos. I actually have made more progress since I took the pictures. I am now up to the point where I finish the trim on the other side and then knit the handle and sew everything up.
(If you look real close on the above photo you can spot my mistake where I messed up a row and got the stitches twisted somehow. I decided since it is going to be felted, I wasn't going to pull it out and start again.)
Our class isn't meeting this coming week because the teacher is on holiday so I'm sure I'll be completely done before our next class. :-) In the light, the main color looks navy to me, but it is actually black. I really hope it turns out well.
Here is a closeup:
So, there you have it. I hope to be able to post pictures of the completed project in the next week.
Well, I'm off to do more research for a spell I need. I've got to find just the right combination to help with this petition and then make certain I have all the ingredients.