Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Migraines... and surprises

It is one of those days again. When I left work yesterday I could feel a migraine starting to build. This morning it was full on pain. I decided to stay home from work and rest, but The Beast had other ideas. About 30 minutes after he was fed, he started going into seizure mode and I had to run him to the vet. It took about two hours before I could get back home. They ran tests on him and I should get the results tomorrow.

I've not been able to lay down and rest so the migraine is still raging. I don't know what I'm going to do about it. I have to go to work tomorrow. Since I couldn't rest I've done a little work on my computer/craft room. I hung a strand of lights that took me almost an hour and I tested them first but when I finally finished hanging them and plugged them in, half didn't work. Ugh...

I refuse to take them down now so I have to figure out how to fix them. Not tonight... maybe tomorrow night. :-(

On the surprise front, on Sunday I ran into a person that used to be one of my best friends. This is the person that I went to New Orleans with. Sunday was just Hi and Hi. I couldn't talk to her and didn't know what to say. Yesterday I get two emails from her within an hour. The gist of the emails were that she might like to talk and that seeing me made her realize how long it has been since we spoke. I just didn't know what to say. I waited until today and then wrote back. I don't know if I've done the right thing or not. I basically said that I was also surprised to see her and that maybe we could talk sometime. I don't know if this was the right thing to do or not. I haven't heard back from her, but in all honesty I don't expect to.

Well, I'd better go. It is almost time to feed the kids. Maybe I should see about finding me something too.

Blessings,
~*~

3 comments:

kate said...

I hope your migraine is getting better... I suffer from them and boy, they are nasty. I also hope The Beast will be okay - that must be scary.

It's sad when things happen with our friends - especially when we find out they aren't as we thought.

Ohjeeze said...

Healing energies to end your migranes. I get them too, what a bitch. It's weird when you out grow friends. A boyfriend break-up is one thing. But outgrowing a friend is harsh and akward. I'm embarassed, but how many kids do you have again?

Laura said...

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate it!

Queen, don't be embarassed, I have four-legged kids. Three of them. :-)