Friday, May 23, 2008

you say it's your birthday...

...it's my birthday too....

Who sings that song? I can't remember... I remember it from Sixteen Candles. :-)

Yep, today is my birthday. I'm not very excited about it. I have told my family that this is the last one that I will acknowledge. :-)

Today I turn 39. My life is nothing like I thought it would be at this age. But it isn't as bad as it could be. I'm starting to feel better about things and really working on my self esteem.

So, how am I spending my birthday? Well, I have a work meeting until 3 then I go for acupuncture (which I just LOVE) and then dinner this evening with mum, brother and sister-in-law. Saturday mum and I are making strawberry jam and syrup and Sunday I'm going to the lake with dad and step-mum. We are off from work on Monday so I will get to have at least one day to rest. :-)

Well, I have a few more things to do before I go to bed, if I go to bed. I made two more wreaths this week and I need to tag them so I can take them by the shop tomorrow.

Blessings,
~*~

3 comments:

Draven said...

happy birthday sweetie... I turn 39 in june... I am thinking of having a party for 40 and then forget the rest lol... have a great day..

Susan said...

Happy Belated Birthday! And that song is by the Beatles, though it could have been covered by someone else for the movie.

Ohjeeze said...

H.B.D. Don't worry about the numbers. I'm 41, and I thought life would be all Geritol and Rascal motorized scooters. I actually like the person I've become, and I know you will too.