Sunday, June 08, 2008

thinking...

I've been doing a lot of thinking today. I have renewed my search for work closer to my "dream home" and have spent the last several hours looking online for any type of job prospects within a 30 minute radius. I think that I'm looking at this the wrong way. I have been looking for something in my current field, but part of the reason that I want to move, is because I don't like the work that I do any longer. I guess I just need to find anything. I told myself at first that I had to find a job that would pay at least what I make now. But if I move there, my expenditures will be lower than what I spend living in the city, except my mortgage will increase. I still think that the outflow of money would be less just to live.

I've also been thinking about what kind of things I could do that would help bring in money. I love gardening and could grow a lot of my vegetables, herbs and live off of those and maybe sell some of my herbs. My friend that owns the shop that I sell my wreaths at would probably buy the herbs for her store. There are so many other things that I could do to make money, creative things.

I guess I just have to figure out how to get started. I don't have much money saved up right now. It has been a bad last few months - emotionally, mentally and fiscally. I want to make an offer on the house. I know I can get the loan with my current income. But with gas prices the way they are, I can't afford to drive 1 1/2 hours to and from work five days a week. I already spoke with my boss and the only leeway she can give me is to work the full 8 hours straight, which would just let me leave an hour earlier than usual. I've also been out so much over the last few months, that I'm running out of sick leave/vacation days. I'm actually in the hole on sick leave but am working that out.

It seems so overwhelming, trying to figure out how to make it happen. I know once I'm there, everything will be fine. It's the getting there that is giving me fits.

I just have to continue to believe that I can make it happen and that it will happen.

Blessings,
~*~

No comments: