Saturday, July 05, 2008

slow saturday...

It's a slow day today. I was supposed to spend the day working in the yard, but couldn't get out of bed this morning. We had some big storms yesterday with lots of rain and the yard is still very wet. I've not done much today except play on the computer. I've gone and joined the myspace world and have been getting familiar with it and playing with it.

I spent several hours yesterday clearing out magazines. I have hundreds of magazines that I just haven't been able to get rid of. I have lots of Martha Stewart's, Country Living, Country Living Gardener, and Victoria magazines. It is very hard for me to through them out. They are so pretty and I like looking back through them from time to time. So, what I've been doing is going through and cutting out things that I want to save, pretty pictures, decorating ideas, recipes, anything that catches my eye; then I dump the rest of the magazine for recycle. I just don't know what else to do with them. I don't have room to keep them and they are taking up valuable and needed bookshelf space. I have moved several batches of them into plastic tubs, but then the are just there and I forget about them, etc. Cutting them up seemed like the best solution. :-(

Oh, I made up a recipe last night that turned out to be pretty good. I will tweak it a bit the next time I make it, but I really enjoyed it. I took pictures as I made it and will post the recipe and pictures later.

I'm going to try to be productive today, I'm doing readings tomorrow and will not have much time tomorrow for household stuff.

More later... maybe ;-)

Oh, here is another photo from the beach trip, while fishing on the pier, several schools of stingrays came through. It was so magical to watch these beautiful creatures glide through the water...



Blessings,
~*~

1 comment:

Draven said...

I do that too save magazines but they take up too much room so like you I take out what I like and I got a really big binder and those plastic sheets and I put the pages and pictures in them... I save clothing pictures and jewelry pictures for ideas or inspiration...