Friday, July 18, 2008

things not to do in a garden...

It has been a very busy week, both at work and at home. I think I mentioned in my last post that Saturday was garden cleanup day. Here is a photo of what NOT to let your garden become:



While that doesn't show the whole garden, it does show what we didn't get to on Saturday. And, it was in the worst shape. So, on Wednesday Mum and I had another garden party. 6 and 1/2 hours. I thought I was going to die. It was not a cool day at all and for the most part in the sun. After finishing the garden it was also mowing day. I'm still not sure how I survived. :-)

How did it turn out? Well, I still need to get straw to put down, but it is much, much better.

So, a note to anyone who might want to start a garden and mostly a note to myself...

This is a much better way to garden:

In my garden, I have 4 zucchini plants, 3 yellow crookneck squash, 1 grape tomato, 1 better boy (i think) tomato, 1 jalapeno, 1 habanero, 1 bell pepper and 7 or 8 rouge tomato plants. I also have several of last years freaky plant that showed up in the garden. The spot up front that is empty, is probably going to be filled with collards as soon as the time is right to plant them.

Enough about the garden, I have a question. I'm thinking of re-opening my other blog. Honestly, I miss it. I started that blog, because I needed to explore my "lighter" side. I'm a Gemini and have the expected two sides that come with being a Gemini. I've always felt that this blog represents my darker side. I like it better with the dark background and talking about darker stuff. Where as, the light and airy side wants clean, crisp lines and lots of light. It is a battle that I wage every day. Which side will I show today or even each minute. (It can change, minute by minute, believe me!)

So, if you have read both blogs or if you haven't but would like to check the other out. I'd really like to know what you think. I kind of gave up the other because I felt I was spreading myself too thin and running out of things to say. I have finally realized that I don't have to post every single day. Wow, what a concept!

Anyway, let me know, if you have an opinion. It doesn't mean that I'll take your advice, just that it would be nice to have it. :-)

With that, I'm off to get ready to head out from work. I think tomorrow I will be hitting the theater to see The Dark Knight. I'm absolutely can't wait!

Oh, and Happy Full Moon!

Blessings,
~*~

No comments: