Sunday, July 06, 2008

Silent Sunday...

Everything seems so silent around here today. It has been a very quiet day with hardly anyone around. The shop was pretty quiet today and I only had two reading requests. Even the grocers seemed emptier than usual.

I went by Michael's Crafts and picked up a bunch of paints for a new project I'm working on. I tried getting back to work on them the other night, only to discover that the paints I had were very old and dried out. I got a lot of pretty colors and can't wait to see what I can make out of them.

It is pretty dark outside right now. I heard some thunder rumbling by a little bit ago. I think we are in for a few storms tonight. According to the last forecast I saw, we may have storms every day. My poor yard may never get mowed at this rate and my garden? Poor, poor garden... it is so overgrown with grass that I don't know how anything else is growing. I haven't been out there in a few days, so I have to go tomorrow and see if there is anything to be picked. Last time I was in the garden, there were a few jalapenos almost ready to pluck. I'm sure with all this rain, they are ready by now.

I'm still trying to make up my mind about the neighbor/move situation. Yesterday I received a letter in the mail from work, indicating that my pay grade has been increased and I'm now making about $150 more. That does not include whatever pay increase the state deigns to give us this year. My salary is pretty good and with gas prices the way they are, I don't know if moving farther out is going to help things. Trying to find a new job and start over is seeming very overwhelming. December marks 10 years at my company, I'll start getting longevity checks and as my mum says, if I can just hang on for another 20 years, I'll be able to retire, at 59. So, do you see my dilemma? So... c.o.n.f.u.s.i.n.g!

Anyway, I'm off to put away the stuff I bought today and see if any laundry needs to be done. I am very sleepy and really could do with a nap. Oh, and I've got to make some business decisions too, I need to figure out setting up an online shop and how to accept payments, etc. :-) Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Oops... I almost forgot the daily photo. Today's photo is from the beach and is of a brown pelican I saw while on a dolphin tour.


Blessings,
~*~

No comments: