Friday, September 26, 2008

Bruises...

First, I want to say Thank You for the hugs, prayers and kind thoughts and words. You guys are so great!

The procedure went well and I was released around 2:30 this afternoon. The doctor who did the biopsy said I could not stay by myself tonight so my mum decided I would be staying with her. We ended up getting into a slightly heated argument about it. She wanted me to come to her house and stay so that she'd "be more comfortable." I was so hurt by that. I ended up getting to come home, but not before I had to get snippy about it. I thought we had decided that she would stay here with me. But after about two hours here with me, she decided to go home. She said for me to keep the phone close by in case there was a problem. I tell you, I just don't get it.

As far as the procedure itself, it wasn't too bad. The worst part was the pain afterward. They made me lie on my side, the one they had just poked into, to put pressure on it and help it heal. It really hurt! I have bruises on my side, my hands, my arms. I was poked and prodded so much.

So, I'm sitting on my couch, watching reruns of Two and a Half Men. I hope the pain will lessen soon. They gave me two vicodin a little after 1pm and at 2 when they came to check on me about discharging me they were surprised that the pain hadn't lessened. Unfortunately, they wouldn't give me more drugs.

I should hear something from the doctor about the test results next week. Hopefully, it will be early in the week. I hate waiting...

Blessings,
~*~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, biopsies are no fun. I had to have a biopsy on my cervix 8 weeks after giving birth to my youngest daughter. It ended up to be all for nothing. Tests were fine. But having the painful biopsy on my birthday was not fun.

Hang in there...and I hope all goes well with your tests. HUGS! Take it easy.

Patricia said...

I'm sorry to hear you have so much stress of late! I hope you have a speedy recovery from the biopsy and receive some good news next week regarding the results. I'm sorry about your mom too--it sucks when the people you trust the most let you down.