Monday, December 04, 2006

MeMe time...

I thought I would do a MeMe today. I don't have much else to say. I must confess, I stole this from Lana. I thought it was pretty cute. So, here goes...

Holiday MeMe

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Both!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Santa doesn't come to my house.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White lights on tree.

4. Do you hang Mistletoe?
If I can find any.

5. When do you put up your decorations?
Depends on my mood.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Standing Rib Roast.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Spending x-mas eve with paternal side of family, then driving in middle of night 4 hours to see maternal side of family. We would listen to the Santa sightings on the way and when we got there my grandparents would cover our eyes and walk us to bed so that we didn't see what was under the tree. :-)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
What truth? Are you talking about the rumor that Santa isn't real? They say that about the Tooth Fairy too, but we know they are both real!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Not usually.

10. What kind of decorations are on your Christmas tree?
It's not up yet. But it will have gold and red beads, and different kinds of balls and stuff.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
Are you kidding? LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!

12. Can you ice skate?
um..No.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
a bicycle

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Family

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Pumpkin Pie w/whipped topping.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
When I was little, on my paternal side, each x-mas eve one of us grandkids would read the "Christmas Story" aloud. I think I was the last one to read it before my grandmother passed and the tradition ended. I never believed the story. I just liked that we were all quiet and together.

17. What tops your tree?
Two gold bows with long ribbons trailing down the tree.


18. What is your favorite holiday book?
"How the Grinch Stole Christmas"

19. What is your favorite holiday song?
Winter Wonderland

20. Candy canes! Yuck or yummy?
Yummy! Especially dipped in Hot chocolate! :-)


Blessings,
~*~

No comments: