Monday, May 22, 2006

Love those comments...

Wow, I feel important. I looked through my site and had sp*m comments. Woohoo... :-)
Just kidding. There wasn't much so it wasn't a big hassle.

I just finished watching the season finale of 24. It was pretty good. I'm looking forward to next season. Of course, I'll have to wait until January, but that is the way it goes. Why am I sitting here watching CSI:Miami? I really do not like David Carruso and even more dislike his character on that show. And yet...I'm too tired to get up and go to bed. So here I sit. The trailer for the movie The Lake House looks interesting. I'm not sure if I like or dislike the premise behind it. I guess if they are communicating through time is it like they are on different astral planes? Hhhmmm...

Speaking of astral planes... I never posted about the channeling event I went to. Well, it was interesting. People that she spoke to really seemed to get 'hits' from her readings. And then she spoke to me... I was very scared because -
a: I don't like crowds
b: I don't like being the center of attention in crowds, and
c: I wasn't sure what to expect.
I had gone for curiosity's sake and wasn't there to "communicate" with the anyone. I also wanted to see how she worked and how people responded.
When she talked to me she said she didn't really get a specific person, more of a collection of souls around me. She asked to hold a piece of my jewelry that no one else had owned. I gave her a necklace I bought a few years ago that I never take off. It is a moonstone with silver and marcasite stars on it. Anyway, she held it for a few minutes and said, "You're here out of curiosity. Where you wanting to speak with anyone?" I said no. Then she asked if I was nervous. I answered yes. She was silent for a few minutes and then asked how long I've been speaking to the dead. I was shocked. Then she looked up at me and said "You're authentic."

I was really shocked. I couldn't believe what she had just said. I have never told anyone about that aspect of my life. Mostly because I didn't really believe it. I've used it at times to try to help people. Once I worked with a police detective who had a very open mind, to help with a murder investigation that was stuck. The victim was a former college professor of mine. I worked my mojo and gave the info to the detective. I was surprised when a few months later I saw in the paper that they had caught the killers and when I read the details, I was even more surprised. It was just as I'd seen it. I've seen other things over the years, and not just about death. I've worked with Tarot for years and have given readings many times. Always with a bag of salt (not literally). What really had an impact on me from the Channeling session was the authentic part. That has always been my biggest fear and my worst handicap with my abilities. I have always been afraid that I was "wrong." I worry that people will think I'm a fraud. I can't begin to explain how hearing her say that I was authentic made me feel in that room full of people. (And it was full!)
Anyway, Saturday's event was very freeing for me. I plan to embrace my gift more now and work with it as much as possible. Hopefully it will help me and others.

Well, I think I must be off to bed. Tomorrow will be a very long day and I'll need my sleep.
Blessings

~*~

No comments: