Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year, New beginnings...

Happy New Year to everyone! A new year always brings resolutions. I hate resolutions. I'm not making any this year. I do have some wishes and hopes in mind for the new year and I hope to make a new beginning on those. There are a few things in particular that I want to dedicate more time to in the new year.

Today was the weekly shopping trip and visit with the family. I returned a few things I'd recieved from Christmas and picked up some things I wanted. I also purchased my groceries for tomorrow. I'm having my mum and a friend over for a traditional southern new years dinner. Ham, collard greens, black eyed peas and corn bread. I'm thinking of making an apple pie for desert. I love to cook and I want to start the new year right by being home for a change. I'm usually with my Grandmother on Sunday's for lunch but I'm probably skipping tomorrow.

I'm going to try to stay up until midnight. I'm usually asleep when the new year comes in but I'd like to stay awake this year and cast a spell when the year comes in.

Happy New Year's to you all. :-)

No comments: