Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Blessed Lughnassadh

I can't believe it is here already. And worse yet, I can't believe I forgot it. I have strayed from my path and need desperately to make my way back there. I was getting ready for work this morning and noticed my calendar needed to be changed. When I changed it and looked at the date, it hit me. It's Lughnassadh! I don't have anything planned and don't have any idea how to celebrate tonight. I think I might make applesauce bread. That is one of the things I've heard about doing to celebrate Lughnassadh since it incorporates bread and harvest stuff. So, I hope to do that tonight in addition to paying bills (it is the first of the month) and since it is the waxing moon maybe I'll do a candle spell while I bake and pay bills to increase abundance in my life. Hmm...that sounds like a plan! Yay!

Okay, I want to say Thanks to Manic and Queen for the advice and concern about my toothies. I really appreciate it. And as an update, the GP's nurse called this morning with the results of my blood work and my blood count and thyroid were good, the "good" cholesterol was 212 and should really be under 200, and the "bad" cholesterol is 155 and should be under 100. Also, my blood sugar was pretty high. So, I go back a week from Friday (I have to fast!) and they will do more blood work. He is also adding a second blood pressure medicine to try to get that under control. I haven't called the Dentist yet, but will do that shortly to see what they want to do about when to do the root canal.

So, that is the update on my health. Fun huh? I'm a little worried about the blood sugar. Diabetes runs in my family. My maternal grandfather had it and my dad has it, so it is on both sides. Plus, I love sweets. I absolutely love sweets. Which, of course, is not good.

Anywho, I should get to work now. I may write more later. Oh...I almost forgot... I went to PF Chang's for dinner last night and would give it 1 1/2 thumbs up. It was pretty good. I'll give a more detailed review later. (I really need to get some work done!)
Blessings,
~*~

3 comments:

Manic Witch said...

Lughnassadh? *slaps head*
I completely forgot! Bad Witch. No incense for me.
And a blessed one to you too.

Ohjeeze said...

OOPS! how could I forget. And I'm in the same coven as Manic! Well, full moon is next week, maybe the coven sister who is doing the ceremony could do Lughnassadh. I need to create one of those blog side bar thingies telling withces when the nest full moon is and the Sabbats etc.

Ohjeeze said...

Oh, in case I forgot to say, Blessed Lughnassadh