Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Winter...where art thou?

What has happened to winter? We should have snow and freezing temps right now but yesterday it was in the 60's and today in the high 50's. I miss winter. I NEED snow! I need the cold weather, the brisk breeze and the frosty air. But with the way gas prices are right now I might be better off. Gas bill was WAY too much this month. I've still to figure out how to pay for it.
Well, the heels just won. Wooo hooo!! It was close but they pulled it out.

I finished the scarf I've been working on since right before Christmas. It is made with regular brown yarn (Red Heart probably, can't recall) and Modea Wild in a kind of fall colors. It is beautiful. It was supposed to be a holiday present for a friend at work, but I didn't get it done in time. I'm still going to give it to her. I hope she likes it. I have two more I've been asked to make and need to get them done as soon as I can. Both are carolina blue with reg yarn and fun fur. After those are done, I might try to branch out and learn something other than scarves. I would like to make a really soft, big, thick, long one. I found a modea dream yarn in kind of a sage green (which happens to be one of my most favored colors) and want to do something cool with it.
Well, I guess I'm off. Have another full day of class tomorrow and need to have a clear head. Since I've been working on a serious freaking migraine all afternoon, I should try to sleep this one off. I'd rather do that than have to take the hydrocodone. (the pills are the only meds I've found that knock out my migraines, and I've tried them all) I hate the way they make me feel, the pills that is although the migraines aren't great to enjoy. Plus, I wouldn't be able to drive at all so it would be best to take it at night but it isn't to that point yet. I certainly need to be careful because it would be very easy to become addicted to them. So, I only take when I can't stand the pain any longer.
Well, night to anyone who reads this. Blessings
~*~

1 comment:

Manic Witch said...

You have my deepest sympathies over the migraines. I get them and fortunately, so does my boss. At least we know that when it happens we can help each other out by keeping the lights dim until patients come in, and trying to keep the workload down on each other during that time.