Monday, June 26, 2006

Hot Hot Hot...

It has been so hot here lately. I don't like Hot. I spent Friday afternoon working in the yard and my back is now as red as a stoplight. Boy does it hurt! I never even thought about needing to put on sunscreen, but when I went in the house after a storm came up I started to feel the burn. I got a lot done and my front yard looks so much better. Saturday I spent the day with family at the lake and went fishing and stuff. The only think I caught was a little brim, but it was still fun. I hope to go again soon. Sunday I spent at my mom's cooking and playing waitress because my mom was getting her patio bricked and I was in charge of food and beverages. Which was much better than being out in the heat. :-)

I spent the solstice at the local arboretum with some friends. There was a solstice celebration there with fairies, drumming, butterfly release and performance art. It was pretty nice. The park is a few blocks from my house so I walked up there and met my friends that I hadn't seen in a while. It was so good to see them and spend time with them. I hope we will get together again soon.

Tonight I hope to finish in the front yard and also get my patio furniture set up. That was the one thing I had wanted to get done on Friday that didn't get done. I also hope to pick some jalapenos tonight. :-) Yum Yum...

Well, I have a lot going on at work so I better get back to it. I might write more later...
Blessings
~*~

No comments: