Monday, October 30, 2006

Never say Never...

I guess I shouldn't have named my halloween scarf the never-ending halloween scarf. Because it finally ended! It's done! WooHoo! It is really long.
I'm 5'2" and I have to wrap it around my neck
twice to keep from stepping on the fringe.


So, here is a picture of it. Keep in mind it is the orange is a pumpkin orange not a neon orange and it is folded over about 3 times in this picture. I'm so glad to be done in time for Halloween. Of course, now it is in the 70's temp wise. Ugh. I'm probably still going to wear it tomorrow. I'm thinking if I do another one like this I'll do 20 or 25 stitches instead of 30. When I wore it I had to fold it in half width wise.


Today at work we had pumpkin carving day. I carved a pumkin using a pattern for the first time ever and I'm not all that sad about it. I think it turned out pretty good although there were some things I'd like to have done better. It took me a good 2 hours working on it to get done. But it was fun and that was the point. Tomorrow is the judging for best pumpkin. I'm sure I won't win but at least I learned how to do it this way.
It is supposed to be ghosts and pumpkins. I'm not sure if you can tell from this. Anyway...there it is. I'm not sure if I'm going to do the other pumpkin or not. I may just leave it alone and use it to cook for pies and bread and stuff.

Wow, is it hot here. I can't believe it is 75 degrees the day before Halloween. Ugh!

Well, since I have goofed off all day long, I suppose I should do some work.

Blessings... and happy Samhain Eve!
~*~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the scarf. You did great. Oh, the pumpkin is fun too. I love seeing everyone's pumpkins.

Wow 70's on Halloween? Here it promises to be in the 30's. Unusually cold for us.

Have a fabulous day!

Manic Witch said...

The scarf looks beautiful! Great job on it.